Last Updated: June 30, 2023
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SECTION 2 OF THESE TERMS CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY, AND THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM VARIOUS CLAIMS IN SECTION 2 BELOW. THESE TERMS ALSO CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 7 THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES.
The Services are provided by Glenmede. We may revise or modify these Terms at any time, and we will use reasonable efforts to give you notice of these modifications, such as by posting an updated date at the top of this page. Please review the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page when you visit the Services to determine if these Terms have changed since the last time you visited. By continuing to use the Services after we make modifications, you will be bound by any such modified Terms. If you do not agree to the modified Terms, then you should discontinue your use of the Services.
Certain online products or services provided by Glenmede, such as GlenmedeConnect, may be subject to additional terms and conditions that supplement these Terms, as further described in such additional terms and conditions (“Supplemental Terms”). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and any Supplemental Terms, the Supplemental Terms will control with respect to your use of the products or services that are governed by such Supplemental Terms.
Finally, if you have entered into an agreement with Glenmede that governs financial accounts that you maintain with Glenmede and/or financial products or services that Glenmede provides to you (each, a “Client Agreement”), such financial accounts, products, and services will be governed by your Client Agreement, and not these Terms.
1. Using Our Services
The Services are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security, future, option, or other financial instrument that may be referenced herein. Nothing contained in the Services is intended to be or should be construed as legal, tax, or investment advice.
Do not misuse our Services. For example, do not interfere with our Services, try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, or extensively or automatically copy any content from the Services (in other words, no scraping).
We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether, at any time, without any notice or liability.
From the Services, you may be able to link to websites belonging to and operated by third parties, and which are located on other servers (“Third Party Sites”). We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of any Third Party Sites. In addition, the inclusion of any links to Third Party Sites on our website does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within any Third Party Sites.
In connection with your use of the Services, Glenmede may send you newsletters, event invitations, and other marketing e-mails. You may opt out of receiving our marketing e-mails by clicking on the “manage my subscriptions,” “manage preferences,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link provided in the e-mails. Please be aware that there may be a brief period before we are able to process your opt-out request.
2. Limitations and Release
The information provided through the Services is provided for informational purposes only. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections to the Services at any time, without notice.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, NEITHER GLENMEDE NOR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR COMMITMENT RELATING TO NONINFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATIONS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS-IS.”
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, GLENMEDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF GLENMEDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES) IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLY YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN), EVEN IF GLENMEDE HAD REASON TO KNOW OF ANY DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN ALL CASES RELATING TO PROVIDING YOU THE SERVICES, GLENMEDE (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR THAT IS DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Decisions based on information contained in the Services are your sole responsibility. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Glenmede, its affiliated companies, and its and their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and contractors from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees), resulting from or arising out of your actual or alleged breach of these Terms or your use or misuse of the Services. However, you will not be responsible for claims, damages, and costs which are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to have arisen solely from our willful misconduct or violation of applicable law.
YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS HEREBY FOREVER IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND OUR AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY FOR, ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, OBLIGATIONS, SUITS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, EXPENSES, AND DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY WHETHER EXISTING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR OR A THIRD PARTY’S CONDUCT RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOREGOING SENTENCE RELEASES AND DISCHARGES ALL LIABILITIES, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE CURRENTLY KNOWN TO YOU, AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542. YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN TO HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND THIS WAIVER, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ARISING FROM YET UNKNOWN CLAIMS.
3. Trademark and Copyrights
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos displayed on the Services, including the Glenmede® name and logo, are the valuable intellectual property of Glenmede, except as may be explicitly noted below under “Ownership of Third Party Materials.” Nothing contained on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Services without the written permission of Glenmede (or such third party that may own the trademarks noted below). Your use of any of these trademarks, except as expressly authorized herein, is strictly prohibited.
Images and other content displayed on the Services (“Content”) are either the property of, or used with permission by, Glenmede. The use of Content by you, or anyone else directed or allowed by you to access the Services, is prohibited unless expressly authorized herein. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Content. Any unauthorized use of our Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes. If you are expressly permitted by us to download any Content from the Services, you agree that you will not copy it or remove or obscure any copyright or other legal notices or legends contained in any such Content.
Certain aspects of the Services may enable you to submit content to or through the Services (“Your Content”), and in doing so you must follow these Terms and the rules and policies referenced in these Terms. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in Your Content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours. When you upload, submit, or otherwise share Your Content to or through our Services, you give us (and those we work with) a royalty-free, worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations, or other changes we make so that Your Content works better with our Services). The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
You agree that you will not use the Services to:
- Violate law or a third-party’s rights;
- Submit excessive or unsolicited commercial messages or spam any users;
- Submit malicious content or viruses;
- Solicit other people’s login information, credit card numbers, or other sensitive information;
- Harass or bully other users; or
- Post content that is hate speech, threatening or pornographic, that incites violence, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
Glenmede has absolute discretion to screen, remove, and/or edit any content (including Your Content) posted or stored on the Services at any time and for any reason, with or without notice. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any of Your Content that you post or store on the Services at your sole cost and expense.
4. Ownership of Third-Party Materials
Adobe®, Acrobat®, Acrobat® Reader, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Microsoft® and Internet Explorer® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Netscape Navigator® is a trademark of Netscape Communications. Standard & Poor’s®, S&P®, Standard & Poor’s 500®, S&P 500®, are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
5. Intellectual Property Protection
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are a copyright owner or its agent and believe that any content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent (the “Designated Agent”) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the work or material being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence;
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
The contact information for our Designated Agent is:
The Glenmede Trust Company, N.A. Attention: Copyright Agent 1650
Market Street, Suite 1200 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights other than copyrights have been infringed, please e-mail us at Copyright@Glenmede.com.
6. Governing Law
The information provided on the Services is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation, or which would subject Glenmede or its affiliates to any registration or similar requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and the laws of the United States.
7. Binding Arbitration
Without limiting your waiver and release above, you agree to the following:
- Purpose. Any and all Disputes (as defined below) involving you and Glenmede will be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court. This Section 7 (the “Arbitration Provision”) shall be broadly interpreted. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, this Section 7 does not apply to an action by either party to enjoin the infringement or misuse of its intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret rights.
- Definitions. The term “Dispute” means any claim or controversy related to the Services, including but not limited to any and all: (1) claims for relief and theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, negligence, statute, regulation, ordinance, or otherwise; (2) claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement; (3) claims that arise after the expiration or termination of these Terms; and (4) claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class. As used in this Arbitration Provision, “Glenmede” means Glenmede and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, and “you” means you and any users or beneficiaries of your access to the Services.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. The party initiating the arbitration proceeding may open a case with JAMS, formerly Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., (“JAMS”) by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). You may deliver any required or desired notice to Glenmede by mail to 1650 Market Street, Suite 1200, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103, Attention: General Counsel.
- Right to Sue in Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, either you or Glenmede may bring an individual action in a small claims court in the area where you access the Services if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Procedures. This Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”) as modified by the version of this Arbitration Provision that is in effect when you notify Glenmede about your Dispute. You can obtain the JAMS Rules from JAMS by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the rest of these Terms, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the JAMS Rules, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If JAMS will not administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written, the parties shall agree on a substitute arbitration organization. If the parties cannot agree, the parties shall mutually petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint an arbitration organization that will administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written applying the JAMS Rules. A single arbitrator will resolve the Dispute. Unless you and Glenmede agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The arbitrator will honor claims of privilege recognized by law and will take reasonable steps to protect customer account information and other confidential or proprietary information. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision that explains the arbitrator’s essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties only if necessary for purposes of enforcing the arbitrator’s award. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
- Waiver of Class Actions and Collective Relief. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS, OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER USERS, OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. If your claim seeks more than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS fees and costs will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If your claim seeks less than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS fees and costs will be Glenmede’s responsibility. You may hire an attorney to represent you in arbitration. You are responsible for your attorneys’ fees and additional costs and may only recover your attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration to the extent that you could in court if the arbitration is decided in your favor. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, Glenmede will pay all fees and costs that it is required by law to pay.
- Severability and Waiver of Jury Trial. If any part of subsection (f) of this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the entire Arbitration provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court. WHETHER IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND GLENMEDE AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. If any other clause in this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Provision and the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be given full force and effect.
- Continuation. This Arbitration Provision will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms.
8. About These Terms
9. Regulatory Disclaimer
Securities (including shares of mutual funds), alternative investments, and other investment products are not bank deposits and are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States, nor are they obligations of, or insured or guaranteed by, any entity affiliated with the Services, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. Securities (including shares of mutual funds) and other investments involve investment risks, including the possible loss of value. The information and materials contained in the Services, and the terms of the access to and use of such information and materials, are subject to change without notice. Eligibility for particular investment options or services is subject to final determination and acceptance by Glenmede.
The securities, strategies, or financial instruments mentioned here may not be suitable or appropriate for all investors or available in all geographical areas. Your particular needs, investment objectives, and financial situation were not taken into account in the preparation of the Services. You must make your own independent decisions regarding any securities or financial instruments mentioned herein. The fact that Glenmede has made available to you investment opinions and other information on the Services is not a representation that any idea mentioned here is suitable or appropriate for you. You must consider whether an investment strategy or the purchase or sale of any product is appropriate for you in the light of your particular investment needs, objectives, and financial circumstances.